People working in offices sit in the same position for hours. This becomes the reason for many health-related problems like back pain, shoulders pain, frozen shoulders etc.
Here are some exercises that you can do while sitting down in your office chair or simply just standing at your workplace:
- Keep both of your hands on the back of your head. Stretch backward. While joining both of your elbows, press your head with your hands. Repeat it 5 to 6 times.
- If you are sitting for a long time, circulate your head in left, right, up and down direction. Repeat this exercise several times.
- Stretch your shoulders toward your back. It exercises your shoulders. Repeat this exercise 4 to 5 times.
- Keep your hands straight above your head. Keep this posture for some seconds. Now circulate your hand in all directions.
- While holding the right hand’s elbow with your left hand, stretch the shoulder. Do it with the other elbow too. Repeat the exercise several times.
- While still sitting on the chair, bow your head down to touch your knees with your head. Remain in this posture. It will stretch your back. Remain in this posture for some seconds and repeat.
- Make a fist, now open up your fingers and stretch them outside as much as possible. Repeat this exercise several times.
- Whenever you are alone while working, kick the air with your fists. You can also try kicking the air in front of you.
- Stand straight. Cross the fingers of both of your hands. Lift your hands now and try to stretch as much as possible. Lift your ankles and try to stretch whole of your body like you are about to touch the ceiling. You can also do this exercise without crossing your fingers. Just stand straight and lift your arms. Stretch your whole body whole lifting the ankles up.
Must Read-How to Stay Healthy