In complex environment of an organization, it is important for a working professional irrespective of the career that how to design the thinking in such a manner used should match the need of the people and viable to the business strategy.
For Example: As every one of us went to School and aware about that our teachers used different techniques and concepts so that we can learn the topic easily.
Sometimes some kind of simple things are helpful to solve complex problems and we are not aware of it and have a thought process that a complex problem will have a more complex solution. There is the need to change the mindset of the professional that difficult things are useful but sometimes we can learn of great value from simple things.
For Example: Housewife has skills as an MBA but more than that she takes care of the financial budget of the family as a Finance manager and about the needs of all the family members of the family as a Human resource manager.
Sometimes we think that what we have planned out it is difficult to implement in the company. The employees who are working as your subordinates resist change and are not comfortable to welcome any new change in spite of the fact that it is beneficial for them. As a senior, you should be calm and patience in yourself and try that they should believe in you and accept the change. Lack of knowledge creates a barrier in the path. Anything coming new should be designed in such a way that should get acceptance and become successful.
Like the Swaach Bharat Abhiyaan launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi now the
Citizens are trying to keep their Surroundings clean.
The rising cut throat competition in the industry, every company want to be a top rated star in the industry as its representatives need to work hard. Hard work does not mean just putting your effort on the task and complete it but it is necessary to do smart work than hard work, how smoothly you carry out the things smoothly in the day to day routine for the benefits of the company without any hustle and bustle, cost cutting techniques and work within the resources available to you. Sometimes we have faced such circumstances that we want to achieve our targets but we are helpless, we have to adjust with the resources. Change in the organization is not possible only when you are willing to invest capital and use of new technology but you should have the desire within you. There is a small incidence I will like to share with you to have a better understanding. As you all know about The Reliance Industries and the founder Dhirubhai Ambani when he planned to start the business he was working the man did a job of salary 300 per month but his willingness and desire to achieve to something gave him the power to cross all the hurdles and built a huge business empire.
We want to have a transformation in the organization does not mean investing huge amount of capital and latest technology will help you out in increasing your profits and productivity. The staff working under you in your organization there is the need to care about their perks and recognition. Sometimes the loopholes are there in the existing scenario.
It should be checked that everything is going on A smooth way in the existing process then if it is not so then any new comings cannot work out with them.
You should have confidence in you that what you are introducing in your company or business will benefit to your company or business so do not come in the thoughts of the people who discourage you and criticize you when you are sure you have done proper research and taken advice from the experts.
For Example- You all have remembered in the year 2016 Note Ban introduced in India Our Prime Minister had faced a lot of criticism from the public and the opposition party but he did not way back.
At the time of implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST), his decision was suspected the decisions were hard to take but were for the benefits of the people.
There were many questions in the mind of people but the confidence Mr. Modi had
was commendable despite what he had faced. If we want to bring the change it is
easy to make the planning but difficult to make it in the real determination and
strong will power will make your way easier.
Innovation refers to the process of developing new things. In business term often refers to the commercialization of new ideas, inventions, products, designs, and resources.
The competitive benefits of Innovation are as follows:
• Improvement in quality.
• Great consumer satisfaction.
• Reduction in cost.
• Extended product or service range.
• Improved production technique.
• Increased Profits.
An Innovative Business Owner is always on a lookout for:
• New and better products and services.
• More efficient processes.
• Finding new ways for delivering the services.
• Other Innovative Strategies to put them ahead of their competition.
One of the best ways to gain fresh perspectives on your business and to identify opportunities for improvement is to ask questions on a regular basis, think about each product or service you offer and consider how you could:
• Make it safer.
• Make it cleaner.
• Make it slower or faster.
• Make it more convenient to use.
• Make it easier to package, store or transport.
• Make it less expensive to replace, repair or reuse.
• Make it easier to clean or maintain.
• Make it less noisy.
• Add new features.
• Improve its design.
• Make it more attractive and appealing.
• Reduce labour costs.
• Minimize cost of materials.
• Improve availability of or distribution.
Innovation is not just about ad-hoc ideas and one-off improvements. You can foster an innovative culture in your business to encourage a continuous flow of fresh ideas. The following tips will help you to get started:
Provide top-down support
• Let your team know that you expect innovation.
• Make sure you and your employees do not put innovative ideas in the too hard basket or on backburner without any reason.
• Build a business culture that supports risk-taking and questioning.
Reduce resistance to change
• Identify and make the need for change well-known throughout the business.
• Create ownership for change by involving employees in planning and implementation processes.
• Have genuine regard for the concerns and possible resistance of your employees.
• Monitor effects of change.
Encourage improvements in your business
• Make it known that suggestions or ideas for even minor changes are welcome- many small innovations can have a positive cumulative effect on productivity and often carry less rise.
• Be prepared to listen to all the suggestions and ideas.
Link innovation approaches the SWOT analysis in your business plan
• Use identified opportunities to point the way to new products, services or markets.
• Develop solutions to minimize the impact of weaknesses.
Identify problems and creative solutions
• Encourage an active awareness and recognition of problems as opportunities.
Encourage experimental attitudes
• Develop a business environment which experiments with new ideas.
• Recognize contributions made by employees at all levels, whether or not the suggestions adopted.
• Identify appropriate financial and non-financial rewards.
• Accept that time and resources will be invested in experimenting with new ideas will not work.
• Avoid assigning blame and penalizing employees.
Promote the role of innovation ‘champion’
• Wherever possible, give the creator of the creator of the innovation project the responsibility and authority for leading and coordinating its development.
Create an open, decentralized organizational structure
• Encourage open channels of communication.
• Encourage people to be opened minded. Many good ideas are killed off by early ridicule.
• Encourage contact with outside sources.
Follow up on ideas from customers and suppliers
• Talk about problems and issues with customers with a view to sourcing new ideas.
• Talk to suppliers to help identify sources of complaints that can lead to improvements in operation.
In the organization, we study and advice, several characteristics continually emerge as keeps for fostering innovation at all levels. Here are some useful examples:
• Marc Belton and Mark Addicks of General Mills talk about staying connected to a sense of purpose, creative partnership, the values of learning and gaining perspective from innovators of other industries.
• Jane Stevenson, Vice Chairman Korn/Ferry’s CEO’s Board services group and co-author of Breaking Away: How great leader create innovation that drives sustainable growth – and why others fail shared: It starts at the top but innovation is a team sport. Each person needs to feel they matter that the outcome would not be the same without out their contribution. One of the key jobs of the leaders is to make sure each person has a clear sense of purpose and value in connection to the larger mission.
In this kind of collaborative, abundance, mentality there is limitless mentality what can be? achieved.
Considering the examples of leadership practices it’s time for you that how can you differently and courageously to challenge and encourage innovation in your organization while design in such a way that match demands and employees also feel comfortable.