Green tea or it is scientifically called as Camellia sinensis is the healthiest beverage to drink. It consists of antioxidants and nutrients which are useful for our body.
Green tea has bioactive compounds which improve our health.
- Green tea is loaded with polyphenol antioxidants which fight against cancer and help to protect the body against various diseases.
- It contains caffeine which is lesser than coffee which acts as a stimulant and improves the functioning of the brain.
- Green tea is a good source of fat burning and helps in boosting the metabolic rate.
- It contains antioxidants which help in reducing the risk of development of cancer. READ-Cancer and the fight against it
- Green tea may help lower the rate of Parkison’s and Alzeihmer’s disease in old age. It may have a protective effect on the brain.
- The Catechins present in the tea help to kill bacteria and inhibit viruses helping to reduce infections in the human body. This helps in improving dental health and the risk of caries. Bad breath is lessened when bacteria are killed and the body remains healthy.
- Drinking green tea helps lower blood insulin levels which can help prevent Type 2 Diabetes.
- Green tea lowers LDL or bad cholesterol levels and lessens the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Green tea helps in weight loss lowering the risk of obesity.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce redness and itching. It helps to soothe the skin.
- It helps fight acne and unclog pores
- Help reduce puffy eyes and dark circles
- Stimulates hair growth.
- It helps to enhance the mood and relaxes a person
- Helps to improve arthritic symptoms
- It increases longevity
FORMS: it is sold as loose tea leaves, powder, supplements, sweetened liquid bottles and tea bags
PRECAUTIONS: Tannins decreases absorption of iron and folic acid so anemic people should be careful drinking it during meals.
People taking anticoagulant drugs should avoid it.
People having anxiety disorders and caffeine sensitivity should avoid drinking this tea.
So keeping these precautions in mind only then people should try drinking this beverage.