A professional network service ( simply professional network) is a type of social network service which is focused solely on interactions and relationships of a business nature rather than including personal, nonbusiness interactions and a way to either find work or get ahead in a career as well as gain resources and opportunities for networking.
An example of a professional networks like Linkedin, Viadeo, Opportunity, Meetup, Branchout, AngelList and the like.
Features of Professional website
- Most of the professionals connected through computer and mobile. You can get information regarding your sector through professional websites.
- Smart professionals attract employer through their skills and work profile. As well as employers post their job and give a chance to needy one.
- Profile on the professional website increases the importance of your brand by regular posting. You can make your brand stronger and you will be popular among people.
- You can market your new product and services. As comparing to TV ads company marketing campaign is cheap on these websites.
- Business professionals like vendor, supplier, manufacturer and any third party can connect each other and they can communicate through mail. You can take a better decision from the response those people who have worked with those vendors will be fruitful or not.
Things to Keep in mind while creating professional profile
HeadLine: Describe your work and work Industry in a creative way.
Name: Don’t use nickname or ridiculous word in your name like.. superstar designer
Describe yourself like this: A gold medalist in Research Science, who have provided free education to poor people of India.
Url: Customize your url in such manner through which anyone can find you easily.
Photo: Select best photo of you which suit on a business meeting and makes your impression in the first meeting.
- You can shoot a photo by a photographer.
- Your photo should be reflective. You can take a suggestion to your friends about this.