Things to keep in mind when Phone on Fire

  • Post author:
  • Post category:Tech IT
  • Reading time:4 mins read

In the past few months, there is an increase in the incidents of Phone on fire. Due to overheating of the device this incident happens. It is not happening only in some brands but risk prevails in all the phone brands. Laptops have also burst in the past because of overheating of the battery. In some incidents, it also happened that chemical inside the battery by mistake mix and cause an accident.

Warning Signs not to overlook

  • If battery feels like too hot
  • Battery not holding charge for a long time
  • There is a lump on the device while being hot
  • Fume or spark coming from the phone

Things not to forget in case of fire or overheating of the phone 

  • If the phone is overheated. Do not ignore the problem
  • Never touch the heated phone with bare hands as it could cause injury or burn or can cause chemical burns which are really bad.
  • Do not attempt to move the phone when on fire, if it’s left in covered space area, it would be better to leave it, to avoid inhaling toxic fumes coming from the phone.
  • Not to use water to extinguish the fire, it can cause the phone to explode as it might trigger battery’s chemical reaction and act as a grenade.
  • Not to leave the phone on charging for a long time as could heat the battery excessively and burst.
  • Do not leave the phone unattended when a phone is too hot rather keep the phone in the isolated area, also away from the flammable objects. (put it on the concrete floor instead of table)
  • Immediately turn off device when it is too much heated
  • Not to rush faster when carrying a heated phone as it can push combustive parts inside the phone battery together.
  • Use a pair of tongs or gloved hands to touch the phone. Do not use leather gloves as they are non-flammable but not flame Oven mitt and towel can be used to touch the fumed phone.
  • Do not forget to contact the carrier company or retail store, who sold the device, in the incident of fire.
  • If the bump on the device continues to increase, then immediately isolate the device and take further precautions.
  • Do not throw the fumed device in the trash but dispose of it properly in open area.
  • Keep distance from the phone when it is already on fire as nothing much can be done then.
  • If the battery starts producing hissing sound, then it means its already in a dangerous situation and one should immediately get rid of it in a responsible way.
  • When the phone is on fire it releases toxic gasses and when throwing it, be careful not to inhale it.
  • Throw the fumed device away from children, pets and public place.
  • If phone catches fire inside the house, check that other things close to it don’t catch fire.
  • Do call the emergency services as soon as possible.

Extinguish fire with the help of fire extinguisher, baking soda or sand whichever is available immediately.

Must Read-3 Best Ways To Provide Enhanced Security On Your Phone!

Leave a Reply